Scott with the Back to the Future vibes. How much time has passed? Is that Cassie’s house overgrown in the background? It’s all starting to sink in for him. Off to Avengers HQ you go for answers! It makes you wonder; was Ant-Man destined to be dusted by the snap, or did the Quantum Realm negate his disintegration? Or was he simply one of the lucky ones? If it is because the Quantum Realm protected him, then that’s crucial info which’ll benefit the Avengers greatly against the mad Titan.
War Machine finally getting some love! An epic upgrade to compensate for all the minimal ones he’d tend to get. I’m betting Rocket had a hand in sprucing him up if I’m honest! Speaking of the little raccoon, check out his cool comicbook-style outfit! Complete with goggles for extra badassery. I’ve come to the conclusion that every shot is automatically made awesome the moment Rocket is placed on someone’s shoulder!
Show of hands for everyone hoping that Nebula will be the surprise MVP? Everyone? Excellent! Nebs has had a pretty great arc since the first Guardians movie. If she doesn’t necessarily strike the finishing blow on her old Pops, I’m sure she’ll still have multiple great moments. Karen Gillan, my word, you were born to play Nebula! She’s incredibly underated in this ensemble, and this shot right here proves why she’s in this movie.
So much emotion in this shot, accompanied with the buckle-up shield strap just before. A selfless man at the brink of breaking point must not be underestimated. He doesn’t like bullies, he doesn’t care where they come from. He fights because it’s the right thing to do, so I believe we’re going to witness something incredible right here! Calling it now; this is when we’ll finally hear him say, “Avengers… assemble!”
Some people are saying these are Quantum suits, some are saying they’re simply space suits. Either way, they’re awesome! If I had to chose a side, I’d very much go with Quantum suits. Looking at Cap’s outfit in particular, I do get Ant-Man vibes from it. I don’t think these will be their prime suits for the movie however – just for a few sequences I think. It makes you wonder how much planning has gone into their endeavour, since they’ve had time to get cute outfits together and even pop a nifty “Avengers” logo on them.
Go Nebula! From doing Ronan’s dirty work and despising her sister, to marching along side Earth’s mightiest heroes. I don’t think it’s much of a spoiler seeing her and Stark here, since none of us genuinely thought they’d be adrift on the Benatar forever. I wonder if Cap and Tony will be awkward for the most part and reluctantly shake hands, or if they’ll forget everything and jump straight to the hugging. Half of the universe is toast (dust), differences are bound to be put aside.
A cheeky stinger to remind us that yes, Carol is very much a part of this movie, so go watch Captain Marvel! “I like this one,” Thor chuckles. So do we, Thor, so do we! I think she and Thor would make an awesome power couple, being what are essentially the tanks of the team (sorry, Hulk, you too when you decide to show up!) Notice how Black Widow still has her Infinity War hair, yet during their Quantum suit-up shots, her hair is much longer, so there’s certainly been at least a year and a half worth of preparation involved.
These were my favourite shots from the trailer. Which ones did you guys like the most? Let me know!
Also, check out the trailer for the hundredth time below:
Haven’t watched it yet because I’m stuck at work! I imagine it’s amazing! Enjoy!
There’s at least 20 more, but Tumblr limits me to 10 pictures per post. The recurring themes I can gather is that Brie Larson nails it, Captain Marvel is a badass, Goose the cat is a scene stealer, there’s so much cosmic awesomeness, and people are wanting the Skrulls to be the next big thing in the MCU (equivalent to what the Infinity Stones are at the moment). Everyone’s loving it!
1. How many more deaths occurred as a result of the snap, such as pilots of planes disappearing that sent the passengers plummeting, people driving cars and buses etc? How many suicides were there due to the loss of loved ones and the trauma? The lack of certain people in particular job roles no longer existing which effects the health and well-being of dependant people? Nevermind all the unattended babies and children.
2. Does everyone eventually put on a smiley face, like do people carry on with their lives, watching trivial reality TV etc?
3. Is there more crime or less crime? Statistically there’d potentially be half the criminals, but would people act crazily and feel like they can riot and get away with things as law and governments crumble?
4. How much does the public and the government know? The Avengers knew what was up, but have they explained what’s happened to the world leaders? Are governments angry with the Avengers, or are they stressing an importance not to tell the public. If the public know, do they know to the full extent. If they don’t know, what lies have they been told? Have they been lied to for the own safety, or to simply avoid mass hysteria.
5. If the Avengers manage to revert the snap in some way, will it be sunshine and rainbows, or will people have no memory of what happened due to time/reality alterations? Let’s say that everyone remembers what happened, and the dusted people remember being dusted, and the loved ones they left behind remember it happening too, what happens to the people that were starting to move on with their lives with new homes, families and ambitions? The dusted folk would still be the same. They’d think the same, enjoy the same things and still love the same people, so what if they come back and their significant others have moved on, or their jobs have been taken? What if the only people they know have killed themselves due to being alone at the time?
6. Is the world technically a better place thanks to Thanos? Were his actions thought through, or did he choose to ignore the near-countless negative effects the snap would have to ensure he achieved his goal and nothing more? Does that make him stubborn and arrogant? Is he uncaring for the masses’ ruined lives, or does he care too much for the sake of the universe, which brought him to snap his fingers in the first place.
Do you guys have any questions? If so, let me know and I’ll give you my opinions!